How Our Program Works
Our standard program is six 1-hour behind-the-wheel sessions with our instructor, which is modified to meet your individual driving needs.
Our program begins with basic skills taught in a controlled environment and moves to advanced skills which include highway and interstate driving.
- Teen Drivers
- Permit Drivers
- Parochial School Drivers
- Home School Drivers
- Licensed Drivers looking to freshen their skills and learn new traffic laws
We encourage new drivers to choose the 6-hour program package when registering. This option allows for better lesson continuity over choosing single sessions.
Qualified Instructor - Bill Nelson
- Graduate of the Traffic Institute at Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- Retired Captain with the Missouri State Highway Patol
- Director of the Driver Examination Division with the MSHP for 16 years
- Driving Instructor with the Mercy Certified Driving Instruction Program in both Springfield and Joplin, MO
- Member of the Driving School Association of the Americas
"Bill was the absolute best to work with on helping my son learn to drive. My son had quite a lot of anxiety going into the process,
but with Bill's guidance and patience, he was able to gain a ton of confidence and learned some great skills/techniques. We passed the
driving test on our first try and we owe it all to Springfield Driving School. Wonderful people and a great experience - highly recommend!"